Monday, August 09, 2010

Back after 3 years of absence

I nearly forgot all about this blog of mine until I was looking at my 'Favourites' list in my web browser. It's been over 3 years since my last entry back in 2007. Many things have happened during my absence from the blogosphere.

In recent months, I slowly come to realise that I am not as good a friend as I think and want to be. Some colleagues in the office disliked my personality so much that they wish I will disappear (their wish will be fulfiled when I leave my company on 31 Aug). Even though I try to have the best interests of 2 friends, one of them ended up sending me a hurtful sms and insulting the other person. I was HURT but I chose to be 'professional' about it. Another friend has been really honest and forthcoming of her opinions about me. I am thankful for that because I am forced to face reality.

To me, privacy is very important and that's one of the key reasons why I am not on Facebook. Sure, there are 'privacy settings' but how private can that be? After all, all posts are reflected in the network and it's a public realm. There are so-called friends that I would never want to be connected with. Sounds cruel? Guess, I am vocalising the inner thoughts of some 'Facebookers' as well.

Sometimes, I try to be happy when I am hurting inside. Perhaps it's pride.......It irks me to be fragile or vulnerable.

Tonight's post is a random one. Very random.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home