Tuesday, October 17, 2006

There she goes..

to the man she loved! 7 October will be a date to be remembered dearly as my good friend, Syl, got married to her soulmate, Jesper. After 5 years of courtship, they decided to move on to another phase of life together. I was overjoyed for them, more so for my dear girl coz I know that she will be in good hands. I trust that this man whom she loved dearly will take care of her and honour her in every way.

When she broke the good news to me months ago, I was initially surprised because all of us are still very young *grins* and just started our respective careers. The initial surprise turned into pure joy as I know that Syl will spend her life with a trustworthy man.

The wedding was held at Goodwood Park Hotel and I was VERY LATE! Why? Simply because I was onsite @ Suntec Singapore during the buildup for an exhibition. I remembered many years ago, I told Syl that if any of my good friends get married, I will definitely attend their wedding even if I am overseas! This time round, I honoured my promise - turning up at the wedding even though I was so so late!

However, me being late was actually a blessing coz I got to hear her dedicating the first few lines of her 'thank-you' speech to me, HL and YL. I teared as I watched her from a distance. She was gorgeous that night. There she was, my precious girl all grown-up and had embraced another role as a wife.

I dedicate this blog entry to Sylvia and Jesper and here's wishing them a fulfilling marriage. Also, Uncle Patrick: You are blessed to have such a wonderful daughter. She's now married and I am absolutely sure that you will bless them and watch over each step that they take.

*Listening to: 'What A Wonderful World' by Louis Armstrong

1 Comments:

At 9:44 PM , Blogger Syl - Breseis said...

Luv ya gal! Thanks so much for your well wishes and thank you for being my friend. =D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home