Sunday, August 01, 2004

shoes shoes shoes

i have been wearing the same pair of black flats from charles and keith to work 80% of the time and my mum has been bugging me to buy a pair of new shoes. i would love to!! provided i find the 'right pair'. for me, shoes are very impt..need to be comfortable, stylish and most of all prevent me from falling!! ever since i fell down from the tiny weeny stairs at SingPost HQ 2 mths ago, i have a phobia of wearing heels. that fall made me change my shoe-buying habits. NO MORE heels, GO FOR FLATS!! i mean if really need heels, they have to be a max of 1-inch only. when i fell at SingPost, i was wearing a pair of 2-inch plus charles and keith shoes (brand new somemore) on a rainy day..climbing down a tiny-weeny staircase w/o any support...a classic receipe for a fall. end result? had two stitches on my left shin as the fall caused a small but deep wound. according to the doctor (whose clinic is conincidentally at singpost), he could see my leg muscles..GAWD! frankly now, i can still feel the pain on my left shin, using medicated oil nightly to rub it..the bones are still aching a bit..

anyway back to shoes..hehe..yah now when i shop for shoes..the first thing i look out for is ' heels or flats'? today, while i was window shopping with a friend in Taka, we went to a Gucci store...btw, i am so in love with their monogrammed bags (esp those with bamboo handles) . i saw my 'right pair' of shoes!! flats (gucci seldom have flats..they have shoes with killer yet sexy heels), cool design, distinctively unique, leather and it's black!!! *grins* the price tag?? hehe....$295 only..haha..it's on sale! i actually dun mind buying it..i tried the shoes..comfy BUT a size too small for me!! as in i can wear the shoes (in terms of width) but the size is small due to the cutting..i was so disappointed!! bu then, when i left the store, i thought abt it..perhaps it's not meant to be mine...an hour later, i was thinking..'wah, $295 for a pair of shoes...abit ex hor..i can buy many pairs of charles and keith shoes. BUT it's GUCCI!!' after some moments of mental warfare, i told myslef 'cannot be too indulgent, bills more impt!' hehe..so u see, ur girl here is still sensible ok..but, anyone who is reading this blog now and feels STRONGLY that u can bless me with a pair of GUCCI BLACK FLAT SHOES, i welcome you with open arms!! ahhahaha *laughing out loud* hehe..can also be my very advanced birthday pressie..dun have to buy alone..ask others to contribute too!! ahaha...*evil grin*

ok lah, i am not that spendthrift ok.....the most ex shoes i bought was the Hush Puppies court shoes...$70..coz it's really comfy and dun give me blisters!! cool yah. i wear them to work too..heheh.. hmm..need shoes!!

*listening to: 'Wait For Me' by Rebecca St James

2 Comments:

At 4:47 PM , Blogger Fifi Zhang said...

Hi Jiaz... I didnt know u are shoes "frantic" like me... Maybe we can go SHOESsssssSSS Shopping one day... Coz I really do need one...No! Make that alot of pairs... ahaahha... I dont usually have the delight of shoes shopping whenever I'm out with ....U know who!!!! He'll make me stay away from Shoes shops as FAR as possible...DUhz.... MAn! THey just dont get it, Dont' they?!!

That incident must have really created a "phobia" in u... But I'm a "die hard heels" fan... ahahah... I wont mind wearing flats... especially to Beaches... oh yah...that reminds me... WHEN ARE WE GOING TO HAVE STEAMBOAT/COOKING CLASS/ PICNIC uh?????

 
At 12:20 AM , Blogger Jiatine said...

eh woman, of course wear flats to beaches! u think catwalking ah..hahah...but try to wear as much flats as possible...later in ur mid life..knee and back probs will develop if u wear too much heels. was telling sylvia that this year for christmas, can come to my house for steamboat! but i dun have the 'equipment'..can provide the food!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home